[MPlayer-dev-eng] Makefile insufficiency

Dan Christiansen danchr at daimi.au.dk
Sun Nov 2 02:01:15 CET 2003

On 1/11-2003, at 23:58, Arpi wrote:

> you have several options:
> - make dep
> - use libdeps from etc/ (or is it in TOOLS/ ?)
> - make distclean

IMO an even better solution is to activate the line "# .PHONY:
$(COMMON_DEPS)". It makes MPlayer's Makefile work like most others;
checking the entire source tree until it finds a change, and
recompiling if necessary.

This reminds me of another change I once did to the MPlayer build
system; to run ranlib immediately after linking a library. The patch is
attached below - it's edited by hand, but I hope it still applies. It
contains the above proposed change as well.

- Dan Christiansen