[MPlayer-dev-eng] [DOCS] missing lavc/divx options

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Nov 7 01:54:09 CET 2003

Hi!

First the good news: All mplayer and mencoder options are now
documented :-)))

But we are still missing three lavc options, Michael already said
something about them, but it's not quite enough yet:

 > > vqmod_amp, vqmod_freq,
 > experimental, IIRC, they modulate the quantizer, i dunno if this is good for
 > anything, someone should test and document if its usefull, or remove the
 > options if not (assuming they work at all ...)

Anyone who could test and elaborate on this?

 > > vrc_buf_aggressivity,
 > useless currently

If only for completeness sake I would like to have this option, even
if the description consists of the word "useless".  Anything better?

There are a lot of divx options that are still not documented.  Could
somebody shed some light on these?

vbrdebug
bidirect
bottom
complexity
crop
data_partitioning
gmc
height
interlace_mode
intra_frame_threshold
key_frame_threshold
left
mv_file
obmc
psychovisual
pv
pv_strength_MB
pv_strength_frame
qpel
readlog
resize
resize_mode
right
spatial
spatial_level
temporal
temporal_level
testing_param
top
vbr
vbv_bitrate
vbv_occupancy
vbv_size
width
writelog

qpel is also in lavc, gmc in xvid, are the options the same, i.e. can
I copy + paste the descriptions?

I think it would be great if we could have all options documented for
the next release, or at least all lavc options.  The divx options are
not that important I suppose, but it would still be nice to have them.

Diego