[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer G2

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Feb 20 05:16:30 CET 2004

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 01:14:49AM +0100, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
> * elcabesa <elcabesa at inwind.it> [2003-11-29 13:23:42 +0100]:
>
> > any news from mplayer g2? is thee a html page, something to download??
>
> perhaps you also like to look at the media-api project
> (currently hosted @mastroska.org)

I'd recommend not. You'll laugh at their naive discussions... Like we
do on #mplayerdev... :)

> this project aims to develop a general purpose media processing api,
> which can be used by a wide range of multimedia related applications
> like video mplayers, realtime processing (asterisk?), ...

Realtime? ROTFL! Maybe with a Beowulf cluster of multi-GHz machines...
;)

> I'd like to see mplayer-g2 and media-api go together someday.
> (@rich: please no flamewar against matroska ;-))

Never. One is developed by bumbling idiots trying to force their
windows-centric C++/Java/XML/[insert your favorite CS toy here]
nonsense on us. The other is designed by some of the most competent
video coders on the planet who actually understand efficiency,
performance, etc.

Rich