[MPlayer-dev-eng] nvidia_vid YV12 support

Joachim Breuer jmbreuer at gmx.net
Thu Jan 1 14:08:19 CET 2004

Hello!

Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> writes:

> On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 11:19:53 +0100
> Joachim Breuer <jmbreuer at gmx.net> wrote:
>
>> Slightly OT: Is there perhaps a (DLL or whatever) MPEG2 (DVD-capable)
>> codec that can decode to UYVY?
>
> Not that i know off, but you can hack libavcodec to do that.

Hm. Might just be easier than figuring out the nVidia overlay... ;-)

Thanks, I think I'll look into that as well.

> Or, if you just aim to use UYVY for playback, you can specify
> -vf format=uyvy but that uses quite a lot of cpu

Which is exactly the problem on the machine in question. Enough power
to play DVD, not enough to also do colorspace acrobatics.

So long,
   Joe

--
"I use emacs, which might be thought of as a thermonuclear
 word processor."