[MPlayer-dev-eng] ALSA - migration to 1.0 API

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Jan 11 12:48:05 CET 2004

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:38:38 +0100
Jindrich Makovicka <makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz> wrote:

> It adds an -ao driver called "alsa1x", which is alsa9 ported to the new
> API. The audio capture driver is ported too. Is it okay to commit, or
> you find the current solution (turning alsa into a compatibility mode)
> good enough?

Porting is the better choice, alsa 0.9 will die somewhen in the future
together with 0.5.
But imho as ao_alsa1x.c and ai_alsa1x.c are basicaly patched versions
of ao_alsa9.c and ai_alsa.c those files should be copied on the server
and then patched otherwise we'll lose the changelog for them.
(I'm voting for svn for G2! ;)

And some small coments on your patch:
configure:
$_def_alsa1x is undefined and just used once, imho you can remove it :)

audio_out.c:
you should put alsa 1.x before 0.9 in audio_out_drivers so it gets
selected first.

otherwise it looks fine for me.

			Attila Kinali

--
egp ist vergleichbar mit einem ikea bausatz fuer flugzeugtraeger
			-- reeler in +kaosu