[MPlayer-dev-eng] libao2 usage in other projects

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Tue Jan 20 01:16:10 CET 2004

* D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx> [2003-12-30 00:16:54 -0500]:

<snip>
> > No, this is not useless. It allows others using it and contributing to
> > it without having to cope with other parts of mplayer.
>
> If others want to contribute they can send us a patch. Or they can
> fork and we can copy back parts we like, while leaving out their
> stupid changes. _THIS_ is the point of free software. People are

Well, forking is not a bad idea. But as a user/distributor I'd like
to decide which branch to use in a easy way. So having a consistent
and intuitive parameter would be not such an bad idea. It adds minimal
complexitiy to the build system.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact at metux.de
  cellphone: +49 174 7066481