[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer name change

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Jan 22 01:10:49 CET 2004

Hi,

> > > I already wanted to make that step, but was never brave enough.
> >
> > Why not The Player then? It plays not only movies...
> > (or The Playa :)))
> >

> i think "The Player" it's _the_ name, too...

Or just "The" ? Say like "MPlayer, the" :)

Anyway i can't see why should we change its name at all.
What's the problem with the current one?
Long? Why? Use only "MPlayer" if you want short.
Linux? Why? Our only primary target is still linux.
All others - including bsd - are only ports.
So, i'm against name change.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu