[MPlayer-dev-eng] Slave mode

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Mon Jan 26 06:36:05 CET 2004

Hi,
	What i was thinking was like this.
I have very large MPEG2 TS files say 30Gig to 40gigs. I can't edit it with any
standard program. I was thinking of making a small app that has a slider to
sroll accross the MPEG and let mplayer do the playing of the video out and
piping it out to a PS rather than the entire TS converted to PS and then do
the chopping. Something similar to GOPchop but handles transport streams and
large files.

	Converting TS to PS is a real waste of time and processing power. Instead if
it was possible to convert only selected segments, well that is possible only
with a GUI. One cannot pass the exact percentage as zapcut expects.

Regards,
Manu