[MPlayer-dev-eng] patch: vo_dfbmga: tvnorm

Ville Syrjälä syrjala at sci.fi
Mon Jan 26 20:05:09 CET 2004

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 07:24:29PM +0100, Thomas Jarosch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> attached is a patch with adds a new option to vo_dfbmga: tvnorm=X
>
> Possible values for X are:
> tvnorm=0: Force TV standard to PAL
> tvnorm=1: Force TV standard to NTSC
> tvnorm=2: Select TV standard according to FPS of the movie.
>
> The automatic selection of the TV standard only works
> for the first movie if multiple movies are supplied.

This is ok by me.

> I also fixed one other thing: The field_parity option was set to -1.
> It took me quiet some time to figure out why the interlaced picture output
> sometimes looked right and sometimes not. I think it's best to force it to
> some mode, either it's working every time or never.
> Having it "float" is not a good idea.

This one is not ok. I can't watch 29.97 fps material on my PAL TV with
fieldparity enabled. Without it playback is actually quite smooth. With
progressive material it doesn't really matter how the fields actually come
out. It also hurts people with slow CPUs.

--
Ville Syrjälä
syrjala at sci.fi
http://www.sci.fi/~syrjala/