[MPlayer-dev-eng] Slave mode

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Tue Jan 27 20:45:56 CET 2004

On Tuesday, 27 January 2004 at 08:42, Manu Abraham wrote:
> On Monday 26 January 2004 16:36, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> >
> > I'd say: use the external index and EDL.
>
> 	I did not understand. Could you please make it a little easier for me to
> understand ?

man mplayer
-saveidx
-loadidx

-edl
-edlout

1. rebuild and save the index
2. create an edit list
2a. tune the edit list by hand
3. process your file using the edit list

I hope I'm not describing something impossible here (given that the huge
original file probably doesn't have a MPlayer-readable index). If so,
let someone correct me.

Oh, and one more thing: