[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] gmplayer (CVS snapshot) always rebuilds index file

Vassilis Virvilis vasvir at yahoo.gr
Wed Jan 28 00:10:55 CET 2004

Halo,

I noticed after my CVS update that the gmplayer always tends to rebuild the
index. This leads to bigger startup times and in many cases errors since the
index cannot be completed up to the end of the stream (Seek Error I believe).
I can give more details upon request if you specify the procedure (compile
flags, debug options etc)

However mplayer does not have this problem. For now I use the following
workaround:
In libmpdemux/aviheader.c around line 38 I explicitly set
index_mode = -1;

I am aware that this cripples the gmplayer ability to build/save/load index
files but hopefully some more knowledgeable than me will step in and fix this
issue since it looks a frontend problem and I was not able to find from where
the read_avi_header() was called.

    .Bill

PS: I am not subscribed to the list so please CC me in any replies.