[MPlayer-dev-eng] alsa: undef'ing SET_CHUNKSIZE garbles audio

Ben Osheroff ben at gimbo.net
Thu Jul 8 10:14:33 CEST 2004

I recently pulled the newest cvs of mplayer, only to find my audio
nastily distorted.

I've narrowed it down to the line in ao_alsa.c where SET_CHUNKSIZE was
previously #defined, and now #undef'ed.  Chaning this line back to
#define	SET_CHUNKSIZE
clears up my audio.

Looks like it was in there for a reason.

Some HW info, if you're curious.

--

0000:00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801DB (ICH4)
AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)

snd_intel8x0           34116  1
snd_ac97_codec         64900  1 snd_intel8x0

ben at neon:~/src/mplayer/main/libao2$ cat /proc/asound/version
Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.4rc2 (Tue Mar 30
08:19:30 2004 UTC).

-ben