[MPlayer-dev-eng] compiling mplayer on Sharp Zaurus SL600L with vorbis support.....

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Thu Jul 8 19:04:48 CEST 2004

(Isn't this thread more appropriate for -users?)

Dinosoft Italia wrote:

> Using Mplayer-1.0pre4 and my Zaurus SL6000L....
>
> OK, i've downloaded tremor codec and i've put all tremor sources into
> the Mplayer directory under a tremor dir...

No, no - you don't need to move the sources, unless I'm very much
mistaken. You need to compile the Tremor sources and install them, and
*then* configure MPlayer.

> when i type ./configure --enable tremor
>
> the configure doesent find any Vorbis Support...

Missing Vorbis libraries, perhaps? They can be obtained in the same way
as can the Tremor libraries; see the command line(s) below.

> Why this ?

(The below was written assuming that you were talking about the
./configure in the Tremor checkout. If you weren't, then ignore it.)

This is because you need to have the Vorbis libraries installed in order
to compile half of the other Xiph libraries. (Why that is I don't know,
but I don't make these things...)

If you already have sufficiently up-to-date Vorbis libraries installed,
then you need to tell the Tremor configure where they are; do
./configure --help and look for an option which looks right.

If you don't have the libraries installed already, then you need to get
them; the simplest way is

svn checkout http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/vorbis

When compiling *that*, you may find that it won't compile without the
Ogg libraries. If you have those installed, you can tell the Vorbis
configure where they are in much the same way as with the Tremor
configure; if not, then you need to do

svn checkout http://svn.xiph.org/trunk/ogg

(Similar command lines can be used to allow one to grab pretty much any
of the Xiph projects from their work-in-progress repositories.)

> May i need some other libraries ???
> Anyone can help me in compiling mplayer with vorbis support ?
>
> Thanks !

Not a problem; glad to help. But please don't top-post.

--
       The Wanderer, perhaps slightly less than coherent

side of it.