[MPlayer-dev-eng] bugzilla states

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jul 9 04:20:25 CEST 2004

Hi

<flame>
IMHO the states we currently have in bugzilla.mplayerhq.hu are extremely sick
and non intuitive

assignment has nothing to do with the state, its independent, a bug in every
state could be assigned to someone or it could be unassigned
the same is true for delaying a bug until after the next release

a resolution is only meaningfull for closed bugs, IMHO theres no need to
separate resolution from the state

REOPENED is useless, this is mixing the state with the past state

we have no QA so the states related to it should IMHO be sent to /dev/null

i also dont understand what propose Severity AND Priority serve, IMHO we need
just one of them, and no i am not saying there are no obscure cases where
they would make sense together, just that they dont make sense in reality

IMHO, the states we need at minimum are:
Bugs:
   /<--------------------------\
New -> Verified -> Analyzed -> Fixed (-> Fixed&Checked)
^\\\-> WorksForMe  | |     \-> WontFix
| \--> Duplicate <-/ |
v  --> Invalid <-----/
NeedMoreInfo

Patches:
   /<-(reverse)-\
New -> Ok -> Applied (->Applied&Checked)
^  \-> Rejected

NeedsChanges

</flame>
--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();		(violates patent EP0266049)