[MPlayer-dev-eng] screenshot extension patch

attila attila at pai.kinali.ch
Sun Jul 18 04:49:46 CEST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 07:10:27AM +0900, Ryusuke Miyamoto wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to use screenshot function, but this was not implemented.
> So,I've implemented by myself. I attach patch for MPlayer-1.0pre3.
> I have tested this only on Debian GNU/Linux(i386-sid). I think this
> can work on other UNIX like OS, because OS dependent function is only
> "gettimeofday".
> #I can build this on i386 FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE, but I've not tested yet.
>
> Supported "vo" are "x11" and "xv",but x11 was supported only 24bit mode.
> Because I use information of XImage and XvImage as resolution of
> output image,the aspect ratio may differ from what you see on display
> in some case.
>
> Supported output formats are "png" and "jpeg", but they are not
> selectable. If libpng is installed, output format will be "png"
> and if libpng is not installed and only libjpeg is installed,
> output format will be "jpeg". You can use libgd, in this case
> output format is "png", if you want, but performance is not
> so good, so I do NOT recommend using gd.

Patch rejected, this is an ugly hack.

It should be rather done as an vf filter and made available
to all vo modules. Also should the image format taken from
the mp_image and sws been used if the format is not supported.

			Attila Kinali

PS and totaly offtopic: you are the first Japanese i know about who
knows Noir... for some reason it doesnt seem to be as popular in .jp
as in the rest of the world...