[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: ogm subtitles are a little weird

attila attila at pai.kinali.ch
Sun Jul 18 10:47:59 CEST 2004

On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 08:52:17AM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:
> Agree totally. BTW I want a feature that does the following: Always
> select the first audio stream that doesn't have a subtitle stream in
> the same language, and always select a fixed-language subtitle stream
> if available. Because of certain idiotic multilanguage files, this is
> the only way I can think to get the correct audio track automatically.

I disagree with this. I'm seeing more and more files that have
multiple sub streams. It's just a matter of time until the first
groups start to add their intermediate Japanese subs which they
use for timing into the final release.

Actualy this whole stuff calles for runtime aid/sub changing
which is currently only possible for vobsub iirc.
Which again calls for a rewrite of the whole subreader/drawalpha mess.

			Attila Kinali