[MPlayer-dev-eng] documentation of TOOLS directory

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Tue Jul 20 19:46:31 CEST 2004

attila writes:

> I just had a look at the TOOLS directory and found a whole bunch
> of scripts i dont have the slightest idea what they are doing.
>
> IMHO this stuff should be all documented. At least a README
> that gives a brief overview on what the scripts do is neccessary.
> Maybe even a manpage or something similar per script should be done

I've added it to the bottom of my personal TODO-list.  IOW if you care
about this, step up and do it yourself.  Now that I've stopped reading
/. (works great, try it ;-) it's really shrinking for the first time
in ages but since I'll soon have to dedicate more time to work and
studies I doubt I'll reach the end of it during my lifetime :-(

> Also there should be a maintainer assigned to every script
> in case the author disapears or loses interest.

Any volunteers?

Diego