[MPlayer-dev-eng] Dynamic filters

Jason Tackaberry tack at sault.org
Tue Jul 20 23:16:05 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 22:53 +0300, Jan Knutar wrote:
> For some filters, wouldn't it be possible to change parameters runtime?
> I'm thinking filters such as denoise3d and pp... Doesn't vf eq(2) already
> listen to same events that control the hardware equalizer, for example?

At least for PP it's quite straightforward.  I implemented a couple
slave commands to control the pp and scale/expand filters dynamically
for a project I'm working on.  You can see the patch at
http://sault.org/mebox/downloads.php.  The scale/expand stuff is
terrible, but toggling pp during runtime is trivial and useful.

Cheers,
Jason.