[MPlayer-dev-eng] [REQUEST] DivX Pro 5.2 DLL (divxdec.ax) in MPlayer?

ANDREAS SETTERLIND setterlind at usa.net
Wed Jul 21 14:52:40 CEST 2004

Hi all Mplayer-devs, I'm not a programmer but I like to make request if I
may;

That is, would it please be possible for you to code support into your
DLL-loader for divxdec.ax from the DivX/DivX Pro 5.2 distro to use as the
primary (or optional via codec.conf) decode codec for FourCC "DIV5" and "div5"
(and of course only those two FourCC)?

Is you guys accept this suggestion and challenge then MPlayer would be fully
DivX 5.0/5.1/5.2 compatible, thus get the maximum quality possible when
decoding the latest DivX Pro 5.x encodes. If this is not feasible it would be
great if you please give a technical explanation on why?

Thanks in advance from a humble MPlayer fan and user  =) regards / Andreas

PS! Maybe you can actually ask DivXNetworks Inc. (www.divx.com) for official
or unofficial assistance in coding this for MPlayer, as even though
DivXNetworks is a commercial company they might like to help the open source
community in this case as spreading the support for their codec benefits them
too.