[MPlayer-dev-eng] [REQUEST] DivX Pro 5.2 DLL (divxdec.ax) in MPlayer?

ANDREAS SETTERLIND setterlind at usa.net
Thu Jul 22 12:51:38 CEST 2004

On Thur, Jul 22, 2004 at 08:23:00 CEST, Attila Kinali wrote:

> The Divx codecs produce under Windows better image quality than
> libavc (or worse, depending on how you see it) because they
> always apply some filters (at least a sharpening, maybe more)
> _even_ if you disable this. Thus the image difference on windows.

Thanks for all your replies, know that my request was only a suggestion in
order to get full DivX 5.X Pro support in MPlayer, personally I don't have any
problems playing DivX 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2 Pro encodes in MPlayer for Windows (with
the exception of the quality which is most likely only worse in MPlayer
because of MPlayer's post-processing filters not being used, or possible
bug/bugs with MPlayer post-processing filters on Win32?).

Anyway, wondering if you can/should now update your compatibility list for
supported video and audio codecs on your website and documentation for this,
currently they state that 'only' DivX 5.02 is supported, guess that should be
corrected to say DivX 5.2 (or at the very least DivX 5.0.5?)?, and maybe "Pro"
should be mentioned to so newbies won't get confused ;-)

Best regards / Andreas