[MPlayer-dev-eng] Slave-mode idle loop patch

Timothy Lee timothy.lee at siriushk.com
Thu Nov 18 03:03:36 CET 2004

Dear Selwyn,

Here is my version of the slave-mode idle loop patch.  It adds a
'-daemon' option instead of modifying the original behavior of the
'-slave' option.  The commands 'loadfile', 'loadlist', 'switch_ratio'
and 'quit' are supported.

My rational for the extra option is that some programs may depend on the
default behavior of the '-slave' option to function properly.  (ie:
MPlayer always exits when a movie has stopped playing).  One application
that comes to mind is mplayerd.

Regards,
Timothy