[MPlayer-dev-eng] XviD 1.1.x support

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at ifsic.univ-rennes1.fr
Fri Oct 1 00:01:19 CEST 2004

Hi,
Le jeu 30/09/2004 à 23:15, Reimar Döffinger a écrit :

> I can't see how moving the code down helps readability, so I'm currently
> against that unless you convince me ;-)

The functions that are moved by my patch are in the upper part of the
current MEncoder front-end.
Those functions are "Helper functions" (according to the terminology of
people who wrote this front-end), in the way that they implement
something that isn't needed directly by the front-end, but those
sub-function help having code cut in smaller understandable chunks.
IMHO, those functions should have never been put in the top part of that
code, and really should always have been down on the "Helper function"
section.

So that patch fixes that... I'd like to say: if current developers seem
to really hate cosmetics, why do they care to have doxygen comments on
the code? Isn't that a whole bunch of cosmetics?
Ok, a patch that moves around code does look ugly, but how worse can it
be that code that has to stay untouched, and looks bad, because
cosmetics is a no-no?

And, please, don't get me wrong. I'm just trying to provide some patches
for the 1.1.x move, as nobody has tackled that issue yet.
So I understand that I may seem to have bad manners, but unless you guys
teach me the good way (provided that they make sense), I may come up
with stupid patches.

Regards,
Guillaume