[MPlayer-dev-eng] a few nut suggestions

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Oct 4 00:12:06 CEST 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 11:46:53PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> D Richard Felker III writes:
> >
> > so, i'd like to remove language code from the stream headers. but...
> > this is a problem, because i don't want to break compatibility again.
>
> Compatibility with what?  Old nut specifications?  I'd say don't worry
> as long as there hasn't even been something like a release of the
> specification.

i'm kinda in agreement, but some people have been using it for samples
and stuff already. i wouldn't hesitate to break compatibility at this
point if it were needed to fix a major design issue, but if it's just
an obsolete field we want to remove....breaking compatibility for that
seems gratuitous.

rich