[MPlayer-dev-eng] new nut thread

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Fri Oct 8 00:10:07 CEST 2004

ok here are the things that have been discussed recently. let's make
some decisions on the ones still open:

1. removing short startcodes

proposed by michael
after discussion, i agree
anyone else?

2. index/keyframe/seeking changes

proposed by michael
i'm undecided
alternate proposal by me, not sure if it's good or not

3. keyframe backpointers at syncpoints

proposed by me
i'm unsure whether it's helpful or wasteful

4. reverting info/metadata crap added by me and alex

michael and i are both in favor of this
not sure about alex and the others

5. merging info header with main/stream header, adding info streams

proposed by me
i don't think michael or anyone else has commented on it yet
i'm strongly in favor of doing this unless a good argument against it is made

6. finalization packets

proposed by me
i'm in favor and someone else liked them too
seems to be no objection

7. removing m$ & apple header support

proposed by me
michael agreed, iirc
seems like a very good idea

8. codec id for raw (uncompressed) formats

michael and i both agreed each raw format should have a separate id
i think others agree too
what remains? making a table of ids

9. stick with fourcc/twocc system or improve/replace it?

i raised the question
no proposals yet

if you want to discuss one or more topics in depth, let's start a
separate branch of the thread for each, as before. or if you just want
to just say yes/no on several items, a single reply is good.

-rich