[MPlayer-dev-eng] Subtitles

Piotr Stachura albert1 at autocom.pl
Sat Oct 16 12:05:25 CEST 2004

Hi,
Now i know you opinion so I think a solution shouldn't be difficult.
About subtitles in AVI.
Yes, it's a soft subtitles so creating a parser will be great. When avi
file detectet it should try to find a subtitles and extract it to memory
(virtual subtitle file); then mplayer should see it.
About colors and position of subtitles:
I don't mean position like little up or left but a specific tags (ie. in
ssa subtitles). A dialogue text is normally on down and center but
sometimes specyfic tag tell to vobsub to put another subtitle to a left
upper corner (ie. some translation).
Piotr Stachura