[MPlayer-dev-eng] A question of RTSP

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sat Oct 16 17:35:01 CEST 2004

On 2004.10.16 16:19, Fangweiwei wrote:
> Everyone:
>     hi!
>     I use mplayer as a RTSP client. And as you know If you use it to
> connect the RTSP server, it will judge if the server is the RealMedia
> Server. And if it's not , it will end this tcp session and start a
> new
> one .(it will need two ports for tcp control) and print out:
>     --------------------
>     Not a RealMedia rtsp url. Trying standard rtsp protocol.
>     --------------------
>     So Now I need to change it as: Using the starndard rtsp protocol
> at first.So the TCP control will only need only one port.This is
> needed by our experiment.
>
>     Can anyone help me ?

If you just need to disable usage of realrtsp, the simple solution is
to  replace DEMUXER_TYPE_REAL with DEMUXER_TYPE_RTP on line 690 of
network.c (warning: lokks right, but it's not tested)

If you want to use standard rtsp and then real rtsp things get a bit
more complex: now standart rtsp is set after realrtsp failure, and ou
will have to modify standard rtsp code to set realrtsp on failure.

Ciao,
 Roberto