[MPlayer-dev-eng] Subtitles

David Lamparter lists at diac24.net
Sun Oct 17 20:50:54 CEST 2004

Vladimir Mosgalin wrote:
 > I wonder if the same renderer could be used for dvd subtitles? Right now
 > they suck because they don't even support color, and useful sub_step
 > function doesn't work for them. Unified subtitle engine would be
 > great...

This vf's primary purpose is font rendering; bitmap support (which would
be needed for dvd bitmapped subs) is planned for a later version [SSA
allows embedded images, so it'll be added somewhen anyway]

 > Probably I will be able to help you with writing parsers to support
 > other subtitle formats, but there is no way I would touch renderer...

I'll get back to you when the renderer produces something usable :)

(the SSA/ASS parser already is 100% done and currently undergoing
testing; the interpreter & renderer still have some way to go,
supporting every possible option is quite complex...)

- eqvi

--
A0C21986 David Lamparter (equinox) <lists at diac24.net>
2D7F 5CC6 93AD 38DD 6CD5  47A0 A5F0 4657 A0C2 1986