[MPlayer-dev-eng] [mikepery at fscked.org: Commanding Heights audio track dropped?]

Mike Perry mikepery at fscked.org
Sun Oct 24 05:04:28 CEST 2004

Well, I sent this to the users list and no one had any suggestions...

Possible bug?

----- Forwarded message from Mike Perry <mikepery at fscked.org> -----

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:23:40 -0500
From: Mike Perry <mikepery at fscked.org>
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: Commanding Heights audio track dropped?

I can't seem to the life of me get mplayer 1.0pre5-3.3.3 to play the
audio of http://www.pbs.org/media/commandingheights/ch_p03_01_qt_300.mov
on Fedore Core 2.

I have downloaded the all-20040916 codecs package and have placed its
contents in /usr/local/lib/win32. I ran through all the -ac options in
codecs.conf... no go.

If I don't specify a codec, I get the following error:
Cannot find codec for audio format 0x324D4451.

Note that the video is played just fine by ffmpeg's ffsvq1.

Is this a totally unsupported audio codec, a bug, or just me being stupid?

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Mike Perry
Mad Computer Scientist