[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Patch] fix compile+link of demux_ogg.c on some gcc's

sci-fi at ziplip.com sci-fi at ziplip.com
Fri Oct 29 01:44:58 CEST 2004

Hi,

I've been subscribed for many months.

I have recently been noticing a compile-link problem in gcc33 (OSX 10.3.5, XCode 1.5) with some opt settings when compiling libmpdemux/demux_ogg.c.  Near the end of a 'make clean distclean all', one of the final links will not be able to find the symbol '_demux_ogg_sub_reverse_id' if Apple's gcc has -fast option, possibly -O3 also in lieu of -fast (which mplayer ./configure will use for default, -fast implies -O3 anyway AFAICT).  I also have -mcpu/-mtune options set to G4 or 7450 because -fast will default to G5 which I do not have sadly.

Using -Os we don't see the missing symbol at that final link step (I've not tested other such options).  FWIW some time ago FreeBSD/i386 gcc3x had similar problems the other-way around: -Os caused missing symbols (seemingly fixed in gcc34x).

Also, I'm not sure if my installed version of libogg-1.1.2 and libvorbis-1.0.1 etc. have anything to do with this, but those seem to be their current supported versions.

The attached patch will move demux_ogg_sub_reverse_id() ahead of the (only) call for it, and now the compile+link works fine for all circumstances I've seen.