[MPlayer-dev-eng] Patch for gcc 3.4 against MPlayer-1.0pre5

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Sep 2 14:06:01 CEST 2004

Hi

On Thursday 02 September 2004 12:40, Torinthiel wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:24:23AM +0200, Alexander Strasser wrote:
> > No matter what you say MPlayer never gets under ANSI C. It may go under
> > partially GCC version standard or whatever. But some/many extensions used
> > in MPlayer source are also in C99 or however you want to express it.
> > At least I remember to have seen them...
>
> I haven't said it does. I've only said that it does not have to be
> implemented as a sidenote. But the main problem is that it doesn't
> specify what to do if FE_TONEAREST is set.
from 'info libc'
----
Round to nearest.
     This is the default mode.  It should be used unless there is a
     specific need for one of the others.  In this mode results are
     rounded to the nearest representable value.  If the result is
     midway between two representable values, the even representable is
     chosen. "Even" here means the lowest-order bit is zero.  This
     rounding mode prevents statistical bias and guarantees numeric
     stability: round-off errors in a lengthy calculation will remain
     smaller than half of `FLT_EPSILON'.
----
anyway IIRC thats also required by IEEE

> And if I would like lrintf(0.3) to be 1, then I would use ceil(0.3).
> Not fesetround(FE_TOUPPER); lrintf(0.3). It's faster IMHO, as no
> setting in fe* is done and no checking in lrintf.
no, ceil() == fsetround();lrintf();fsetround() on x86 at least

[...]
--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();  (violates patent EP0266049)