[MPlayer-dev-eng] patches.txt - short review

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Sep 4 15:57:20 CEST 2004

Attila Kinali writes:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 01:01:42PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>
> > What about:
> >
> >  9. Give us a few days to react. We try to review patches as fast as possible,
> >     but unfortunately we are constantly overloaded with work, be it MPlayer-
> >     related or from our day to day lives. If your patch seems to be ignored,
> >     send a reminder asking for opinions as a reply to the original patch and
> >     mention that you got ignored. We are interested in your work and will
> >     eventually either accept it or reject it with an explanation of what we
> >     disliked about your patch. New versions of patches should be sent as
> >     replies to the original threads to conserve mail threading.
>
> Sounds IMHO ok, but the "keep threading intact" should be emphasized
> more. I know that i would over read the second half of the last sentence
> and/or only apply it to updates and not to the reminders.

OK, how about:

 9. Give us a few days to react. We try to review patches as fast as possible,
    but unfortunately we are constantly overloaded with work, be it MPlayer-
    related or from our day to day lives. If your patch seems to be ignored,
    send a reminder asking for opinions as a reply to the original patch and
    mention that you got ignored. We are interested in your work and will
    eventually either accept it or reject it with an explanation of what we
    disliked about your patch. We will often ask you to make changes to your
    patch to make it acceptable. Implement them if you want to see your patch
    applied and send the update to the mailing list. Remember that updates and
    reminders must be sent as replies to the original patch to conserve proper
    mail threading.

Diego