[MPlayer-dev-eng] mplayer.c, main

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Mon Sep 6 17:55:23 CEST 2004

On Mon, Sep 06, 2004 at 04:10:57PM +0100, Ed Wildgoose wrote:
> Kenny (Constantine Shulyupin) wrote:
> >Wold you like, I'll divide monolithic main in mplayer.c to subroutines?
>
> Sounds like a good idea.  It's on my ToDo list as well.
>
> I think what would be extremely neat would be to not just break it up,
> but tweak it slightly to be more like an event loop, so that we can
> choose how often for example to scan keyboard input, have the ability to
> spin feeding audio while waiting for the video frame to become due,
> etc.  Looks fairly straightforward from here, but perhaps not...

This is going to be very difficult to get accepted because most of the
devs seem to agree that they don't want this.  So you have your work cut
out for you to prove to a lot of very opinionated people that your way
is better than theirs.  And they've got good reason to do things that
way, too.

Good luck,
--Joey

--