[MPlayer-dev-eng] NUT/menus proposal

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Sep 15 20:07:01 CEST 2004

Hi

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 15:57, D Richard Felker III wrote:
[...]
> > > i'd be willing to add more flexibility back to info packets, but i
> > > still think we should make metadata separate (and store it in the
> > > stream headers) since it plays a very very different from generic
> > > info.
> >
> > ok, (language, disposition, audio-gain in the stream header)
>
> but not just those three things... i meant an extensible system in
> case people come up with new metadata in the future.

metadata should be stored in info packets, thats their propose, originally my
idea was that the all packets except info packets should only contain data
which is actually needed for decoding&demuxing
maybe the attached patch would change the pre-messup nut spec in an acceptable
way?

[...]

--
Michael
level[i]= get_vlc(); i+=get_vlc();  (violates patent EP0266049)