[OT] Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] PTS/DTS

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi-mplayer-dev-eng at mithrandi.za.net
Thu Sep 16 01:09:12 CEST 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 08:58:04 -0400, Levi Bard wrote:
> > > I agree, based on Sections 2b and 3a: (emphasis is mine)
> > > [2]b)  You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in
> > > whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part
> > > thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to **all** third
> > > parties under the terms of this License.
> > > [and]
> > > [3]a)  Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable
> > > source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1
> > > and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange;
>
> Section 3 just specifies *how* you may distribute the source.  Section
> 2 is the one that *requires* you to distribute the source.

Please note that 2b states that you are required to LICENCE it to all
third parties. This does NOT mean that you have to DISTRIBUTE or PUBLISH
it to all third parties; of course, the terms of the licence allow
anyone that gets ahold of a copy to distribute it to anyone else under
that licence, but you're not forced to give them copies.