[MPlayer-dev-eng] Where to free loose memory?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 16 21:44:50 CEST 2004

Hi,

> I take it, then, that your answer is either "wherever it seems to work"
> or "there's no benefit to doing it at all"?

My answer usually is that it should be free as soon as possible, but
that would make some things unneccessarly complex. And whether the
memory is free 10ms before exiting or never (explicitly) doesn't matter.
And last but not least, a few 100k of unfreed memory don't matter much,
but e.g. even 10 byte per minute do matter (e.g. loops that do malloc
but foget to free).

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger