[MPlayer-dev-eng] [beth.blankenship at viametrix.com: RE: Use ofMplayer with Vivian video distribution]

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Sep 20 15:39:12 CEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 02:10:32AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Beth Blankenship writes:
> > The idea was to set up an account here in the US and allow cash to be drawn
> > against it locally by the developer(s).
>
> Probably this is possible, but why not simply make a wire transfer?

I can tell you why: the US lives in the stone age concering the banking
system. Dont compare anything you see in europe, even east europe to
what can be found else where.
A few weeks ago i tried to transfere money from my swiss bank account to
a friend in the US, after 3 tries failed, i gave him my credit card
number. Even sending money to and from Japan is easier!

			Attila Kinali

PS: for those who have never been in Japan, it's basicaly a country
which exists for its own. Anything concerning other countries needs
special treatment. You even have to register a telephone and pay extra
fees to do internatinal calls.