[MPlayer-dev-eng] Opportunity for list members (w/ attach)

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Tue Sep 21 22:09:28 CEST 2004

> My goal is close to dvd quality graphics on a 10.4 LCD screen.  Power
> consumption is a huge factor, since the device WILL be powered by
> batteries, recharged nitely.  Hard drive space is ~ 40 gigs, so space
> isn't too huge of an issue, considering there shouldnt be more then 2
> hours or so of video total.

Out of interest, where does this power requirement come from? Reading
your earlier posts about perhaps adding a big X to a chair or wall to make
it easier for a webcam or such to detect the presence of a visitor, made me
think that you were working in a somewhat controller environment...

On a sidenote, having an external photocell type unit wake up the device
from suspend/standby would probably consume heaps of power less, if the device
isn't used constantly. I'm assuming there'd be an easy and nonexpensive way
to make a simple interface for just waking up the computer, though.