[MPlayer-dev-eng] downmixing DD 5.1 stream to Dolby Pro Logic matrix

Hannes Tarien comcute at perses.net
Wed Aug 10 23:49:02 CEST 2005

Hi. This is my first mail to this list.
I have a little problem with a/52 stream downmixing.
I have 2 channel output setup and pro logic decoder on the other end.
One day listening DD 5.1 stream, I discovered that a52 decoder skips LFE
channel from downmixing.
Then I searched mplayer mailinglist for fix and found suggestions using
pan audio filter. Tried pan filter and got all 6 channel working, but
then all this matrix stuff is gone. That's not what I want.
So, I looked the sourcecode of mplayer liba52 decoding part and
discovered that when downmixing to Dolby, lfe channel is just skipped.
Read liba52 docs and added LFE channel to Dolby matrix and did some
tests, but decoding doesn't work as supposed.
Then listening DD 5.1 stream, I hear from:
left physical channel: LFE
right physical channel: center, right, surround
So something is wrong andI can't figure out what. Can somebody help me
with this. I know there are other people too who want listen LFE channel
with they Pro logic setup. I'm not really a coder, but I'm learning.
diff is in attachment.