[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] including x264 with MPlayer tarballs

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Tue Aug 23 17:05:45 CEST 2005

Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
>
>>Actually, if I'm not mistaken: x264 IA-32 needs nasm, when x264 AMD-64
>>needs yasm.
>

> ... and Sparc needs AS. Ouch. Maybe we could try to cruft some
> one-purpose .asm->.s conversion tool in Perl :)

Full x264 patches are available at
http://kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz/~makovick/x264/ .

The conversion was done using intel2gas
http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~mtiihone/intel2gas/ with a bit hacked
conversion patterns.

x264-gas.diff.bz2 contains the x264 build converted to GNU as, while
x264-nasm contains the original tree. Both give the same output on i386,
amd64 needs testing. Testers who could build both gas and nasm version
and compare the encodes (if it builds at all) are welcome.

--
Jindrich Makovicka