[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer and MEncoder in single binary (was: [RFC] Advertising Slave mode)

Benjamin Zores ben at tutuxclan.org
Wed Aug 24 08:36:43 CEST 2005

> This brings up the issue that was brought up regarding x264's
> visualization
> - it would mean MEncoder would depend on X and several other stuff...

well, it will depends on libvo depencies right ?
not necesserally to X in no vo using X has been compiled.

> The idea in general sounds good to me, I'm for it, but the two big
> problems
> are -
> 1. What about windows? You can't (easily) change argv[0] there...

that's where we hang with my patch few weeks ago.
does anyone has a better idea now ?

> Which makes it possibly a good idea to leave this thing as a compile time
> option, but unfortunately, it means A LOT of nasty #ifdef's in mencoder.c
> (and mplayer.c ?), and I'd preffer keeping it as is than making those
> files
> even uglier than they are...
> Possibly making a 'common-variables.h' could ease the issue...

that would be a good thing imho if we try to include this patch as
i remember having to ifdef a lot of things in mencoder not to
include/define things twice.
the mplayer.c and mencoder.c files nearly share the same first 200 lines.

Ben