[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer OS X

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Aug 25 10:07:55 CEST 2005

Hi,
On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 11:49:22AM +0900, Micah Gideon Modell wrote:
> OK, so where might I fit into all of this?  I have some ideas of
> things I'd like to do in the long run, but I don't know the code yet
> at all.  I'd love to help accomplish some task(s) related to the GUI
> which will help the project (bugs/features/docs) but I need a bit of
> direction.  What would help you most right now?  I'd really like to
> contribute primarily in the form of documented code, but if straight
> documentation is what you need and it'll help me get familiar - let
> me know.  Just please give me a discreet and manageable task.

I guess it would be very interesting to know what slave mode commands
the people who already made GUIs missed/are missing most.
The next step would then be implementing them in a clean way.
Also the switch-case in mplayer.c that handles the commands
probably should be cleaned up a bit, like putting the biggest blocks in
seperate functions etc. - preferably even in a seperate file.
Though I should warn anyone attempting this: It will be difficult to get
into CVS because it is mostly cosmetic and has quite a risk of breaking
things.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger