[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer OS X

Nicolas Plourde nicolas.plourde at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 01:03:53 CEST 2005

On 25-Aug-05, at 10:26 AM, Micah Gideon Modell wrote:

> OK, I'll work on building the player - which modules will I need
> for that?  I've currently got mplayerosx and that's all.  Do I need
> any others?  Additionally, what do you need in a distribution?  Is
> it more than the .app folder?

Look at one of the first post of this thread where i was explaining
how to put it together.
Building mplayerosx is not trivial for newbie.

You will need mplayerosx module, main module and a copy of main
module named main_noaltivec
mplayerosx is the gui frontend, main is mplayer and main_noaltivec is
mplayer build without altivec support.

MPlayer_Source directory

     |--->main

     |--->main_noaltivec

     |--->mplayerosx

You first need to build main and main_noaltivec.

to configure and build the main module you need
  to export
export MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.3

and configure

./configure --with-termcaplib=ncurses.5 --disable-gl --disable-x11
make

for the g3 build

./configure --with-termcaplib=ncurses.5 --disable-gl --disable-x11 --
disable-altivec
(you need to edit config.mak and change the -mcpu and -mtune from
74XX to G3) im not sure if this is really needed
make

then go to the mplayerosx directory and and type

make dist

this will create a compressed archive with the binary ready to use.
these instruction should be put in some doc

Good luck

====
Nicolas Plourde <nicolas.plourde at gmail.com>