[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer-dev-eng Digest, Vol 32, Issue 74

Oded Shimon ods15 at ods15.dyndns.org
Sat Aug 27 18:30:28 CEST 2005

On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 06:20:46PM +0200, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
> ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:
> > This would seem more rational as well, as a screenshot function in the
> > 'filter' chain never really made much sense to begin with. Leastways,
> > that was my way of thinking about it. Plus as you mention there was
> > always that overhead slowing down every frame.
>
> I have totally lost the track of what you actually want to achieve, but
> would a screenshot filter having no cpu requirements when idle,
> accepting all the colorspaces that vf_scale accepts and rescaling to a
> correct aspect ratio please you?

Perfect, this exactly what I was meaning to write, you beat me to it, very
nice... I was thinking of putting it directly in vf_vo, but because of
slices this turned out non-trivial (which btw becomes the only 'cpu
overhead' of your patch, it kills draw_slice in the filter chain), so i
guess making it a seprate vf is just fine. just one this i don't like about
- you should make a priv-> variable that each time stores dmpi, and then
when control() is run, it just saves it on the spot, instead of the next
frame!

- ods15