[MPlayer-dev-eng] Intel C++ 8.0 Compiler patch.

Reimar =?UTF8?Q?D=F6ffinger?= Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Jan 11 10:57:56 CET 2005

Hi,
On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 10:38:39AM +0100, Darek Ostolski wrote:
> Reimar � wrote:
> >Yes, but unfortunately it will break mp3lib and libmpeg2 completely. And
> >if you have to use ffmpeg it will slower (when the videos use MPEG1/2).

This statement was about ICC, not this patch, just to make sure nobody
misreads it....

> What optimization options do you use?? What is your hardware??

AMD Athlon 800. Optimizations... Don't know, I think the best that would
still link, but I think the problem happens always unless you do not let
it optimize at all (it is probably related to aliasing rules, but I
didn't see an option like -fnostrict-aliasing for ICC...)
Anyway, I didn't see much difference in speed, so I didn't try much
further...

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger