[MPlayer-dev-eng] Intel C++ 8.0 Compiler patch.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Jan 11 16:30:52 CET 2005

Hi

On Tuesday 11 January 2005 14:37, Darek Ostolski wrote:
> Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> > Could you maybe provide precise figures? You could for example run
> > MPlayer with the option "-benchmark" or time a MEncoder encoding process.
>
> Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I bring results.
>
> > Did you also looked for any kind of artefacts that could have been
> > introduced by using this compiler instead of gcc?
>
> Yes, sometimes, but artefacts are rare and don't disturb that much, my
> video card is Savage 3D  with 8MB RAM.

maybe it would be interresting to try the ffmpeg-regression tests with icc
compiled ffmpeg, that way we would gain some knowledge about what, if any
parts of libavcodec get messed up

[...]
--
Michael

"In any case, just because code is syntactically "valid" GNU C doesn't
mean gcc can always compile it." -- justification to close a gcc bug