[MPlayer-dev-eng] Intel C++ 8.0 Compiler patch.

Guillaume Poirier poirierg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 09:57:17 CET 2005

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:27:43 -0300, Daniel Serpell
<daniel_serpell at yahoo.com> wrote:

> El Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 11:03:09AM +0100, Guillaume POIRIER escribio:
> >
> > By the way, I've tried to install gcc-4.0 from debian experimental, but
> > since it needed a lot of expererimental packages to run (that apparently
> > were over-writing sid packages), I tried instead to compile gcc-4.0 from
> > debian experimental sources, but since also it has many dependecies with
> > new libs or languages I don't use (ada and g77) I gave up.
>
> You should install gcc-snapshot package, it installs in
> /usr/lib/gcc-snapshot, so does not overwrite any system files. You need
> to use "/usr/lib/gcc-snapshot/bin/gcc" to compile.

Ok, I did that. I tried to compile MPlayer forcing the compiler to
"/usr/lib/gcc-snapshot/bin/gcc" and using "--disable-gcc-check" (or
something similar) as the configure script won't use gcc-4.0 if I
don't use that switch. But the compilation process fails...

Should I send here the error messages (or maybe better, try to fix
them myself if I can), or is gcc-snapshot-4.0 just out of the question
before it is properly released?

The reason I'm asking that (NB: I did read the nag screen about how
it's useless to report bugs on unsupported compilers) is because the
changelog states that MPlayer-pre6 got fixed some time ago to compile
with gcc-snapshot-4.0, so I guess some people think that supporting it
is a good idea...

Regards,
Guillaume