[MPlayer-dev-eng] Intel C++ 8.0 Compiler patch.

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Jan 14 13:00:18 CET 2005

Hi

On Friday 14 January 2005 12:48, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Reimar Döffinger writes:

> > > Is aliasing really broken on gcc 3.x?
> >
> > Actually it is the code in mp3lib and libmpeg2 that doesn't conform to
> > the rules it seems.
> > Not all gcc 3.x version produce buggy code though, but I think at least
> > 3.2.x and 3.3.x do...
>
> Since when do we work around compiler bugs? ;-p

its not a compiler bug, its just that some code doesnt conform to rule X but
we tell the compiler that the code conforms to rule X
allthough we might argue that enabling this with -O3 or was it -O2? by default
is VERY stupid

[...]
--
Michael

"In any case, just because code is syntactically "valid" GNU C doesn't
mean gcc can always compile it." -- justification to close a gcc bug