[MPlayer-dev-eng] Intel C++ 8.0 Compiler patch.

Guillaume POIRIER guillaume.poirier at etudiant.univ-rennes1.fr
Sun Jan 16 22:41:33 CET 2005

Le vendredi 14 janvier 2005 à 10:45 +0100, Diego Biurrun a écrit :
> Guillaume Poirier writes:

> > Ok, I did that. I tried to compile MPlayer forcing the compiler to
> > "/usr/lib/gcc-snapshot/bin/gcc" and using "--disable-gcc-check" (or
> > something similar) as the configure script won't use gcc-4.0 if I
> > don't use that switch.
>
> Try patching configure then, should not be hard..

Ok. I'll tackle this issue when the different problems with gcc-4.0 will
be addressed/fixed.

> > But the compilation process fails...
> > Should I send here the error messages (or maybe better, try to fix
> > them myself if I can), or is gcc-snapshot-4.0 just out of the question
> > before it is properly released?
>
> I'd say it's not out of the question.

Ok. I sent a bug report to the ffmpeg project, with allowed the discover
of a internal compiler error on gcc-4.0.0. I filled a bugzilla bug
report, so hopefully the upcoming release shouldn't suffer from that
bug.

I also sent a report to this list containing all the files that won't
compile.

Regards,
Guillaume