[MPlayer-dev-eng] OGM, subtitles and documentation

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Jan 21 18:59:11 CET 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 06:45:01PM +0100, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> I've just been playing around with OGM files to see how they behave
> with regard to subtitle and audio tracks.  I tried the following
> sample:
>
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/ogg/DShow-NEW/bgc.sub.dub.ogm
>
> It contains English and Japanese audio as well as English subtitles.
>
> Now the problem is that MPlayer does not print any information about
> the audio and subtitle streams, I just tried different values for -sid
> and -aid.  I'm writing this since the Matroska demuxer does print such
> information:
>
> [mkv] Track ID 1: video (V_MS/VFW/FOURCC), -vid 0
> [mkv] Track ID 2: audio (A_AAC/MPEG4/LC/SBR), -aid 0, -alang jpn
> [mkv] Track ID 3: audio (A_VORBIS), -aid 1, -alang eng
> [mkv] Track ID 4: subtitles (S_TEXT/UTF8), -sid 0, -slang eng
> [mkv] Track ID 5: subtitles (S_TEXT/UTF8), -sid 1, -slang ger
>
> Furthermore it is even stated in the man page that MPlayer will print
> information about this when run in verbose mode.  IMO what should be
> fixed here is the implementation rather than the documentation.
>
> Moritz would you care to give this a shot?

Ooops, I'm blind..

===========================
==> Found audio stream: 1
Ogg : stream 1 is vorbis
==> Found audio stream: 2
Ogg : stream 2 is vorbis
Ogg stream 3 is text
Ogg stream length (granulepos): 1438
Ogg demuxer : found 2 audio streams, 1 video stream and 1 text stream

Nevertheless this could be unified a bit, the output looks quite different
from what Matroska prints.  Also for OGM you need verbose mode, Matroska
prints it without -v.  Matroska also prints language info, but I suspect
that OGM does not carry that information, does it?

Diego