[MPlayer-dev-eng] official device number for mga_vid

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Wed Jan 26 11:32:42 CET 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 11:25, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:02:02 +0200
> Jan Knutar <jknutar at nic.fi> wrote:
>

> > Another thing, with the default makefile of your mga_vid-2.6.10,
> > I get the following on modprobe:
> [...]
> > IIRC, I needed a similar modification with Ferdinand's version too.
>
> Now that's interesting. Can you tell me, whether it's the
> -DMODULE or the -O2 that makes the difference ?

Actually, it's neither.

The modifications below work just as well.

-CFLAGS = -O2  -D__KERNEL__  -DMODULE    -include $(KERNEL_INCLUDES)/config/modversions.h -Wall
+CFLAGS += -O2  -D__KERNEL__  -DMODULE           -include $(KERNEL_INCLUDES)/config/modversions.h -Wall
       ^^^^
Now why on earth that works, I have no clue. $CFLAGS is unset before
calling make, too.